All Omron Devices are covered by a 2 year warranty (excluding Accessories and Consumables). An additional 2 year warranty is available free of charge when you register online here.
We are the sole authorised Distributor of Omron Products in Australia. Our Warranty only applies to products purchased in Australia from authorised resellers of the Product. The Warranty does not apply to any product imported directly into Australia by someone other than us. This includes any products ordered online from overseas or from within Australia other than from us.
If you are in doubt as to whether our Warranty will apply to the Product purchased by you, we invite you to contact us.
Therapeutic Goods that are sold to the general public in Australia must be registered, listed or included on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG). This is the case for all medical devices purchased from this website, Australian pharmacies, health stores or supermarkets.
Therapeutic Goods are those products used on humans that can prevent, alleviate, diagnose or cure medical ailments, injuries, defects or diseases. They may also claim to maintain the health of consumers.
It is thus an illegal offence to sell products like blood pressure monitors over the internet if they are not entered into the ARTG under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989.
Entry of Therapeutic Goods in the ARTG means that they have been through rigorous testing to prove that they meet their clinical efficacy and safety requirements. They are also made under a strenuous quality management system.
If products are purchased that are not entered in the ARTG, then they may be unsafe, may not work or may be unreliable or even dangerous. If an individual suffers adverse consequences from using such medical devices, information about the goods and redress may be difficult to obtain.
Promotion of the availability of Therapeutic Goods not in the ARTG is illegal under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989
General Warranty and Returns Information
Warranty / Returns within the first 14 days.
Should you receive your items with the following faults we will happily offer replacement items subject to stock availability.
- Product is Dead on Arrival
- An incorrect item was shipped to you
If we do not have a replacement item a full refund or replacement with new eqivalent model will be given.
If the above applies please contact us within 10 days of dispatch or 7 days of receipt of the item to arrange for it to be replaced. Products must be returned to us within 14 calendar days.
All products must be packed in the original packaging and include any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product.
All returned goods will be checked by our service department prior to replacement. If no fault is found return will be at the customer’s expense.
Warranty issues outside the first 14 days.
Warranty issues beyond the initial receipt. Please contact us with details of the problem, often these can be easily resolved through communication without the goods needing to be returned. Telephone support is provided to assist with any technical issues and minimise on returns. Please call JA Davey: 1800 807 464
All items returned during this time will be at customer’s expense, return postal costs will be advised at the time of authorisation of the return.
Before you send in your unit for service
Before sendingin your unit for service, please take a few minutes to do the following:
PLEASE CALL OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER
Free call: 1800 807 464
IN NEW ZEALAND
Free call: 0800 523 583
Sending in your unit for service
- Should repair be needed within the warranty period, enclose the tear off section of this warranty card or a repair form available from: www.omronhealthcare.com.au) and your proof of purchase receipt. Please ensure all relevant details are completed before sending your unit in for service.
- If you have registered your warranty information at: www.omronhealthcare.com.au, please ensure your contact details are still current and include a brief description of the problem you are experiencing together with your purchase receipt.
* Please note the arm cuff is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship appearing within one year from the date of purchase when the monitor is used in accordance with the instructions provided with the monitor. The cuff is not warranted for wear and tear.
- Include the Omron unit with all product components in your package. This is extremely important, so our repair technicians can make the correct diagnosis with any problems. If you are sending an arm cuff blood pressure monitor for service, include your arm measurement (ARM CIRCUMFERENCE).
- Please return the unit, tax invoice, warranty card or repair form and your extended warranty confirmation if relevant at your cost to:
J.A.Davey Pty Ltd
PO Box 84
Victoria Australia 3207
IN NEW ZEALAND
BV Medical – Omron Repairs
Unit 7, 110 Mays Road
Penrose, Auckland, New Zealand. 1061